Poison Dusk Lizardfolk( Monster Manual III, p. 96)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Draconic|
|Bonus Languages:||Halfling , Sylvan|
While smaller than their lizardfolk cousins, the poison dusk lizardfolk are just as dangerous when provoked. A poison dusk lizardfolk is between 3 to 4 feet in height, weighing 42—52 pounds. Its tail is 2 to 3 feet long, and its scales shift color with its mood. The eyes of a poison dusk lizardfolk are larger than those of the other species, and males have a crest running down the back of the head that can lie fl at or extend based on mood.
Poison dusk lizardfolk speak Draconic. A lizardfolk with an Intelligence score of 12 or greater will also speak Common. Most poison dusks encountered in the wild are rangers; exceptional individuals usually become adepts and sorcerers serving dragons.
Poison dusks are far more cunning than the other species of lizardfolk. They prefer to avoid physical combat altogether if possible; when striking against a human village, they will often try to poison the water or food supply instead of launching a direct assault. When they do fight, they favor ambushes and clever traps. Bolas and nets are considered to be martial weapons for poison dusks, and they often use these tools to handicap larger foes while archers strike with poisoned arrows.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, —2 Charisma.
- Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, —4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- Racial Skills: A poison dusk lizardfolk has a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim checks.
- Poison Use: Due to their long tradition of working with venoms, poison dusks are never at risk when applying poisons to weapons. Common poisons include black adder venom and blue whinnis.
- Chameleon Skin (Ex): Poison dusks can adjust the colors of their scales to blend in with their surroundings. When it is not wearing armor, robes or other covering clothing, a poison dusk lizardfolk gains a +5 racial bonus on Hide checks.
- Hold Breath (Ex): A poison dusk lizardfolk can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 × its Constitution score before it risks drowning (see page 304 of the Dungeon Master's Guide).
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d3) and bite (1d3).
- Low Light Vision
- Weapon Familiarity: Poison dusk lizardfolk treat bolas and nets as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic, Common. Bonus Languages: Halfling, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclassed poison dusk's ranger class does not count when determining whether it takes an XP penalty.
- Level adjustment +1.