Halfling( Player's Handbook v.3.5, p. 19)
|Base speed:||Land 20|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Halfling|
|Bonus Languages:||Dwarven , Elven , Gnome , Goblin , Orc|
Halflings are clever, capable opportunists. Halfling individuals and clans find room for themselves wherever they can. Often they are strangers and wanderers, and others react to them with suspicion or curiosity. Depending on the clan, halflings might be reliable, hard-working (if clannish) citizens, or they might be thieves just waiting for the opportunity to make a big score and disappear in the dead of the night. Regardless, halflings are cunning, resourceful survivors.
Halflings stand about 3 feet tall and usually weight between 30 and 35 pounds. Their skin is ruddy, their hair black and straight. They have brown or black eyes. Halfling men often have long sideburns, but beards are rare among them and mustaches almost unseen. They like to wear simple, comfortable, and practical clothes. A halfling reaches adulthood at the age of 20 and generally lives into the middle of her second century.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Halflings are quick, agile, and good with ranged weapons, but they are small and therefore not as strong as other humanoids.
- Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks: Halflings are agile, surefooted, and athletic.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws: Halflings are surprisingly capable of avoiding mishaps.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the halfling's +1 racial bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with a thrown weapon and slings: Throwing and slinging stones is a universal sport among halflings, and they develop especially good aim.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks: Halflings have keen ears.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether she take an experience point penalty for multiclassing (see XP for Multiclass Characters in the Player's Handbook, p. 60).