Half-Ogre( Races of Destiny, p. 96)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Giant|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Draconic , Gnoll , Goblin , Orc|
Half-ogres are taller than humans or half-orcs, but not as tall as ogres. Adults are typically closer to the height and weight of an ogre than of a human. Their skin color ranges from dull yellow to dull brown. Their thick hides sport patches of dark, warty bumps, and their heads are topped by a mop of dark hair.
- +6 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Half-ogres are big, brawny creatures without a great deal of intelligence or couth.
- Giant: Half-ogres are creatures with the giant type.
- Large: As large creatures, half-ogres take a -1 penalty to Armor Class and a -1 penalty on all attack rolls. They also have a reach of 10 feet.
- Half-ogre base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Half-ogres can see in the dark out to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but is otherwise like normal sight, and half-ogres can function just fine with no light at all.
- Natural Armor: Half-ogres have a +4 natural armor due to their tough, thick skin.
- Automatic Languages: Giant and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, and Abyssal. Smart half-ogres (who are rare) learn the languages of their allies or rivals.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orge's barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level adjustment +2