Dream Dwarf( Races of Stone, p. 88)
|Common , Dwarven
|Draconic , Elven , Gnome , Terran , Undercommon
Dream dwarves stand about 4 feet tall and weigh about 10 to 15 pounds less than a typical dwarf. Their skin color ranges from dark gray to deep brown, and their hair is dark brown or black. They have pale eyes, usually green or blue in color but with the occasional lavender or pale red. Dream dwarves usually decorate their clothing with abstract symbols that represent important personal experiences within the earth dream.
- +2 Constitution, —2 Dexterity: Dream dwarves are as tough as other dwarves (and stronger of personality), but they are a bit clumsy and slow to react.
- Dream dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dream dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision: Dream dwarves can see in the dark out to 90 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dream dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stonecunning: Dream dwarves have the same knack for finding unusual stonework that dwarves do. This ability grants a dream dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised like stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dream dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dream dwarf can use Search to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dream dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dream dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dream dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: Dream dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dream dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made with creatures of the earth subtype: Dream dwarves get along well with earth elementals and similar creatures.
- Dream Sight (Su): A dream dwarf can see ethereal creatures as easily as she sees material creatures and objects. A dream dwarf can easily distinguish between ethereal creatures and material ones, because ethereal creatures appear translucent and indistinct.
- Spell Power: When in contact with the ground, a dream dwarf's effective caster level when casting divination spells or spells with the earth descriptor increases by 1. This increase applies when determining level-dependent spell variables and on caster level checks. This increase stacks with other spell power abilities, such as from the hierophant prestige class.
- Favored Class: Druid . A multiclass dream dwarf's druid class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.