Gnoll( Races of the Wild, p. 99)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Bonus Languages:||Common , Draconic , Elven , Goblin , Orc|
|Racial Hit Dice:||2d8 (Humanoid (good fort))|
|Racial Base Attack:||+1|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +3, Reflex +0, Will +0|
Gnolls have hyenalike heads, and their long limbs possess a lean strength. Gnolls are covered in coarse yellow or reddish- brown fur, and their feet and legs are structured more like a hyena's hind legs than those of other humanoids. Despite the somewhat awkward appearance of their legs and feet, gnolls walk as bipeds and are as agile and speedy as a normal human. The wild gnolls who prey on the civilized races use patchwork armor and rusted weapons that they've stolen from past kills. Tribes that have found some level of personal honor favor hide or leather armor similar to the barbarian tribes of humans.
- Strength +4, Constitution +2, Intelligence —2, Charisma —2.
- Medium size.
- A gnoll's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A gnoll begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice; a base attack bonus of +1; and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A gnoll's humanoid levels give him skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). His class skills are Listen and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A gnoll's humanoid levels give him one feat.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Language: Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +1.