Aventi( Stormwrack, p. 34)
|Land 30 , Swim 30
|Aquan , Elven , Sahuagin
Citizens of an ancient empire that sank beneath the ocean, the aventi adapted to their new home and now adventure both at sea and on land. A proud people who hold personal honor in high regard, the aventi can be found anywhere from the human-settled coasts to the deepest trenches of the ocean floor.
Aventi are little different from humans in appearance. Aventi usually stand from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet in height and weigh from 125 to 250 pounds, with men noticeably taller and heavier than women. Aventi coloration tends toward very pale, almost bluish skin to a lighter tan, with blue and green eyes and hair that ranges between a light brown to a very pale blonde. The calves and forearms of aventi feature small swimming fins that fold almost flat when the venti leaves the water. Aventi dress is very plain and sparse—most wear just enough to maintain their modesty, and some wear less than that. They are fond of pearls and soft metals that can be worked without heat, such as gold. Aventi, like humans, reach adulthood at about age 15 and rarely live more than a century.
- Aquatic: Aventi are aquatic humanoids, and have the aquatic and human subtypes.
- Amphibious (Ex): Aventi can breathe water or air equally well, without limitation.
- Aventi have a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. They can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. Aventi can use the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
- Water Spell Power (Ex): The magical ties that connect the aventi to Aventernus (see page 49) persist, untold ages since the sea god saved the aventi from extinction. As a result, spellcasting aventi have enchanced ability with water magic. An aventi's effective caster level is +1 for spells with the water descriptor.
- Human Blood: For all effects related to race, an aventi is considered a human. Aventi are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect humans as humans are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by humans.