Random Action(Player's Handbook 3.0, p. 242)
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Cleric 1, Passion (DCS) 1, Madness (DF) 1, Madness (DD) 1,
Components: V, S, DF,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
The enchanted creature is compelled to act randomly for 1 round. Rather than deciding its action for itself, the subject of this spell takes an action determined randomly on the following table (d8):
- 1: Attack self (succeed on any roll other than a natural 1).
- 2: Attack nearest being (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject's "self").
- 3: Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
- 4: Drop anything held.
- 5: Stand motionless (as if stunned).
- 6: Do nothing but defend (total defense).
- 7: Speak surface thoughts or make noises (if not capable of speech)
- 8: Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attacking is not possible).
Nothing can affect this die roll in any way. It is always entirely random.
Note: Nonintelligent creatures are immune to mind-affecting spells.