Yuan-Ti (Pureblood)( Monster Manual v.3.5, p. 262)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Yuan-Ti|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Draconic|
|Racial Hit Dice:||4d8 (Monstrous humanoid)|
|Racial Base Attack:||+4|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +4|
This being looks much like a slim-hipped, lithe human with sharp features and unblinking eyes. A closer look, however, reveals a forked tongue, pointed teeth, and scaly patches on the neck and limbs.
Yuan-ti purebloods appear human at first glance, with only very subtle snakelike features. A pureblood is about the same height and weight as a human.
The yuan-ti are descended from humans whose bloodlines have been mingled with those of snakes. Their evilness, cunning, and ruthlessness are legendary. Yuan-ti constantly scheme to advance their own dark agendas. They are calculating and suave enough to form alliances with other evil creatures when necessary, but they always put their own interests first. All yuan-ti possess some snakelike features, and many have snake body parts.
Purebloods are the least intelligent of the yuan-ti, though they still pride themselves on being more intelligent than humans. Purebloods often disguise themselves as humans and work among them as spies for their abomination masters.
Yuan-ti are geniuses and fight as such. They plan elaborate traps and utilize their surroundings superbly in combat, preferring ambushes to direct confrontation. They also prefer ranged attacks and spells to melee. In a mixed group, the least valuable and powerful attack first. This means that the purebloods go before the halfbloods, which go before the abominations. The group leader may order particular members forward before others if that makes for better strategy.
Yuan-ti pureblood characters possess the following racial traits:
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A yuan-ti pureblood begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid , which provides 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throws bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A yuan-ti pureblood's monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Concentration, Disguise, Hide, Knowledge (any), Listen and Spot.
- A pureblood gains a +5 racial bonus on Disguise checks when impersonating a human.
- Racial Feats: A yuan-ti pureblood's monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats. Yuan-ti purebloods receive Alertness and Blind-Fight as bonus feats.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Spell-like abilities: 1/day – "animal trance", "cause fear", "charm person", "darkness", "entangle"; caster level 4th. The save DCs are Charisma based (10 + Cha modifier + spell level).
- Alternate Form (Sp): All yuan-ti can assume the form of a Tiny to Large viper (see the Snake entry, page 280) as a psionic ability. The yuan-ti loses its natural weapons (if any) and gains the natural weapon of the viper form it assumes. If the yuan-ti has a poisonous bite of its own, it uses its own or the viper's poison, whichever is more potent.
- Detect Poison (Sp): All yuan-ti have the psionic ability to detect poison at will as the spell (caster level 6th).
- Spell resistance 14 + class levels.