Yuan-Ti (Pureblood)( Serpent Kingdoms, p. 190)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Yuan-Ti|
|Bonus Languages:||Abyssal , Draconic|
|Racial Hit Dice:||4d8 (Monstrous humanoid)|
|Racial Base Attack:||+4|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +4|
Sarrukh-controlled breeding and the centuries of free-willed mating that followed have established three basic natural forms for the yuan-ti: the pureblood, the halfblood, and the abominations. Details of these three kinds of yuan-ti, which make up the bulk of the race, can be found in the yuan-ti entry on page 262 in the Monster Manual. They have created two subraces of servitors as well (tainted ones and broodguards).
Yuan-ti that can pass for humans with suitable clothing, cosmetics, and magic are known as purebloods. These creatures are usually charged with infiltrating humanoid societies and managing covert operations that require direct contact with humanoids. Pureblood travel throughout Faerûn, infiltrating human societies everywhere. Most can easily disguise their snakelike features to pass for humans. Typically, purebloods serve as spies and agents, carrying out the plots of higher-ranking yuan-ti. Some, however, are ambitious enough to make their own plans, and a few even leave their fellow yuan-ti and embrace human society completely. Such purebloods can make enjoyable player characters.
Yuan-Ti Purebloods have the following racial traits (basically following the entry in the Monster Manual on page 262):
- Proficiency with simple weapons, light armor, shields, longbow, and scimitar.
- Spell-like abilities: 1/day – animal trance (DC 13), cause fear (DC 12), charm person (DC 12), darkness, entangle (DC 12); castler level 4th.
- Alternate form (Tiny to Large viper)
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Detect Poison.
- Spell Resistance 14
- Base attack bonus and base saves: +4/+1/+4/+4
- Racial skill points: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x 7
- Racial class skills: Concentration, Disguise, Hide, Knowledge (any), Listen, Spot
- Racial feats: Alterness and Blind-Fight as bonus feats and two additional feats (usually Dodge and Improved Initiative).