Lizardfolk( Races of Faerûn, p. 140)
|Base speed:||Land 30|
|Automatic languages:||Draconic , Home Region|
|Bonus Languages:||Common , Home Region|
|Racial Hit Dice:||2d8 (Humanoid (good reflex))|
|Racial Base Attack:||+1|
|Racial Base Saves:||Fort +0, Reflex +3, Will +0|
Living mostly in the marshy areas of Faerûn, lizardfolk are large, scaly humanoids who are savage marauders and scavengers. They have no traditions for cultivating food, so they arrange their meals by either hunting prey or raiding the larders of others.
Lizardfolk grow to between 6 and 7 feet tall, and weigh between 200 and 250 pounds. Their scales range in color from dark green to gray to brown. Their thickly muscled tails run from 3 to 4 feet long. Most nonlizardfolk have a very hard time telling the difference between males and females, but the lizardfolk have no such troubles, of course.
Lizardfolk have the same life expectancy and age categories as humans.
Chessenta, Chondalwood, Chult, Lake of Steam, Nelanther Isles, Vilhon Reach, Western Heartlands.
In Faerûn, lizardfolk are found anywhere there are temperate or warm marshes and swamps. This includes the Deepwash, the Flooded Forest, the Marsh of Chelimber, the Marsh of Tun, and Rethild, the Great Swamp. A large population of lizardfolk is also found in the Lizard Marsh, despite the relatively cold climate of the Sword Coast.
Lizardfolk have the following racial traits:
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence. Strong and hardy warriors, lizardfolk place little value on the accumulation of knowledge.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- +5 natural armor.
- Proficient with all simple weapons, shields, and barbed darts. Lizardfolk usually stick to weapons they can fashion out of available materials.
- +4 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim checks.
- Humanoid Hit Dice: A lizardfolk has 2d8 racial Hit Dice. A lizardfolk character receives the maximum hit points for his first humanoid Hit Die and rolls his other Hit Dice normally. He rolls all Hit Dice from class levels and does not automatically get maximum hit points on his first class level. A lizardfolk's racial Hit Dice also provides a +1 base attack bonus and saving throws of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +0. Lizardfolk with class levels add their class attack bonus and save bonuses to their racial attack and save bonuses.
- Humanoid Skills: A lizardfolk's racial Hit Dice grant him skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier) x 5 skill points. Class skills for these skill points are Balance, JumpJump, and Swim. A lizardfolk does not get the x4 multiplier for skill points acquired from his first class level.
- Humanoid Feats: A lizardfolk's humanoid Hit Dice grant him one feat. A typical lizardfolk chooses Multiattack. A lizardfolk character with class levels gains feats based on his total Hit Dice, as shown on Table 2 in the Introduction.
- Racial Feats: Rapid Swimming, Survivor.
- Natural attacks: A lizardfolk can attack with 2 claws and a bite. The claws deal 1d4 points of damage, and the bite is a secondary attack (-5 penalty on the attack roll, and half Strength bonus on damage roll) that deals 1d4 points of damage. A lizardfolk can attack with a weapon at his normal attack bonus, and make either a bite or a claw attack as a secondary attack.
- Hold Breath: A lizardfolk can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 x Constitution score before is at risk of drowning.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +1 [top statistics mention +2 instead]. Due to his racial Hit Dice, his natural attacks, and his racial skill bonuses, a lizardfolk has an effective character level of 3 plus his class levels. Thus, a 3rd-level lizardfolk druid would have an ECL of 6. See Table 1 in the Introduction.